The DAISY Faculty Award is part of a national recognition program that colleges/schools of
nursing may use to demonstrate appreciation to teachers for their commitment and inspirational
influence on their students. The DAISY Foundation hopes that, in some way, this program will
contribute to a positive work environment and encourage them to continue teaching.
This award is modeled after the DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nurses, which was established
by the DAISY Foundation in memory of J. Patrick Barnes. Mr. Barnes’ parents established The
Foundation in Patrick’s memory, because they had experienced first hand the skills, as well
as the caring and compassion, of many nurses.
To learn more about The DAISY Foundation, visit their website at www.daisyfoundation.org.
as a deserving recipient of the DAISY Faculty Award. This Nursing Instructor meets the following criteria:
- Displays enthusiasm and personal interest in student learning.
- Demonstrates integrity through fair and unbiased treatment of individual students
- Collaborates effectively with students, colleagues, and the health care team
to enhance the learning environment
- Models excellence in teaching and facilitating learning opportunities
- Serves as a role model of professional nursing
The following is a specific example of this nominee’s commitment to and inspirational influence on students:
I am a:
Thank you for taking the time to nominate this extraordinary nurse educator for this prestigious award!
The DAISY Faculty Award Committee.