Do you hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a different field and want to make the switch to nursing?
The Accelerated BSN program allows non-nursing degree holders to complete their nursing education in as little as 16 months through full-time, intensive nursing coursework and clinical progression. The program requires a high level of commitment from students as full-time learners, but will prepare individuals for an exciting second career as a nurse!
Admission to the Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN) is competitive. An applicant must meet the minimum qualifications to apply. Entry into the clinical nursing coursework will require completion of all pre-requisite course requirements. If a student holds a Bachelor’s degree, but is missing pre-requisite requirements, they will apply to enter the “Preparation Phase” first.
Minimum Qualifications to Apply:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in a non-nursing field from a CHEA recognized accrediting body
- Cumulative college GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Submit college transcripts from all institutions
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
* Transcripts must be official and submitted in a sealed envelope or emailed from the originating institution.
* All transcripts originating in a foreign country must be translated and evaluated by World Educational Services for a course by course level evaluation and calculated cumulative GPA (www.wes.org).
* No copies or faxed transcripts will be accepted.
Completion of Pre-Requisite Courses (earned a “C” or higher):
- Chemistry (CHEM 105)
- Two semesters Anatomy & Physiology with lab (BIO 111 & BIO 112)
- Microbiology with lab (BIO 121)
- Lifespan Development (PSY 110)
- Pathophysiology (BIO 300)
- Nutrition (BIO 180)
*An applicant meeting minimum admissions requirements can apply without any or all pre-reqs completed. If accepted, you must commit to enter our “Prep Phase” to have your clinical seat held.
After acceptance to the program, students will be placed in the preparation or clinical phase based upon pre-requisite credit completion. You will be given a start date based on pre-requisite courses still needed and clinical start date availability.
Summer or Fall Entry
Accepted applicants missing pre-requisite course requirements will be placed into the “Preparation Phase” to complete these credits at The Christ College. Pre-requisite courses may take up to two semesters to complete based on what is needed. Accepted students entering our Prep Phase will have a guaranteed seat in the Clinical Phase provided they remain in good academic standings (a grade of a “C” or higher in all pre-requisite courses is required).
FALL OR SPRING SEMESTER START ONLY
This phase is 16-months of accelerated nursing education combining coursework and clinical learning. Students will receive their Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) after the successful completion of this phase and be eligible to sit for NCLEX-RN licensure exam. Students will be placed in the Clinical Phase ONLY if all pre-requisite courses are successfully completed.