What is Quality Matters?
Quality Matters (QM) is an international organization that is recognized as a leader in quality assurance for online education
The impact of Quality Matters on certified courses is undeniable. Course review results in better course design, which makes navigation easier for students, reduces barriers to student achievement, and results in better outcomes.
Promote and improve the quality of online education and student learning nationally and internationally through:
- Development of current, research-supported, and practice-based quality standards and appropriate evaluation tools and procedures.
- Recognition of expertise in online education quality assurance and evaluation.
- Fostering a culture of continuous improvement by integrating QM standards and processes into organizational plans to improve the quality of online education.
- Providing professional development in the use of rubrics, tools and practices to improve the quality of online education.
- Peer review and certification of quality in online education.
The Christ College of Nursing and Health Sciences is committed to implement the Quality Matters Standards for the design of online and blended courses, and we are systematically building and evaluating our courses based on these rigorous, research-based standards. The Quality Matters Standards assure that the online components of these courses promote learner engagement and provide students with all the tools and information they need to be successful learners. More information regarding Quality Matters please visit www.qualitymatters.org