The Christ College of Nursing and Health Sciences Scholarships
The College offers a variety of scholarships to incoming and current students. Our scholarship awards can range anywhere from $250 to $10,000 per year.
Students must complete a scholarship application and we prefer a successfully processed FAFSA on file with the College as well but it is not required. Scholarship awards will vary based on available funds. Scholarship applications will be reviewed based on academic merit from your most recent college or high school cumulative grade point average. An essay is not required with your application but can be very helpful during the selection process. If a student wishes to submit an essay with the application we request that the essay is typed and limited to no more than two pages. Please note not all students who apply for scholarships are guaranteed to receive an award. Notification of awards will be emailed to students each June. Scholarship applications are available online below beginning in March 1st of each year.
General scholarship application (available March 1st)
Summo Commisso Missi Scholarship
The Summo Commisso Missi scholarship was created to attract the best and brightest nursing students from around the Tri-State area. Qualified students will receive a $40,000 scholarship ($10,000 annually). Applicants will need to meet the following criteria in order to be considered for the Summo Commisso Missi scholarship:
- Admitted to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program
- Minimum of a 3.75 GPA or a minimum ACT composite score of 27
- Must be a recent high school graduate enrolling in their first semester of college
Summo Commisso Missi application (available December 1st - March 1st)
The Bluegrass Benefit Tuition Grant
The Christ College of Nursing and Health Sciences will offer a new financial aid program starting in Fall 2016 for recent Kentucky high school graduates. The Christ College will match your Kentucky Educational Excellence Scholarship (KEES) award annually for four years for students enrolled in the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program. Students seeking to utilize this financial aid grant will simply need to present the financial aid office with an official KEES Award notice from KHEAA.
The Bluegrass Benefit Grant is only open to Kentucky high school students who have earned a KEES award from an eligible Kentucky high school. Kentucky high school, GED or home schooled students may log on to www.kheaa.com to view your KEES awards and eligibility requirements. We look forward to having the best and brightest of Kentucky students at the Christ College of Nursing and Health Sciences.
Multi-Family Tuition Grant
Families who have two or more students enrolled simultaneously at the Christ College of Nursing and Health Sciences will receive a $1000 tuition grant per student per semester.
- Legal family members recognized by the College for the purpose of this grant are siblings, spouses, and parent/child;
- Students receiving the grant must maintain enrollment in a minimum of 6 credit hours in the semester in which they receive the grant;
- Renewal of the grant is dependent upon continued enrollment of required registered hours by the students of the family;
- Students must maintain good academic standing;
- If a family member fails to continue enrollment, is academically dismissed or graduates from the College the tuition grant would cease.
Proof of Eligibility for Multi-Family Tuition Grant: The Financial Aid Office requires adequate proof that a student is eligible for the tuition grant. In most cases the required proof would be a copy of a birth certificate, proof of adoption or a marriage license for spouses.